Wednesday, November 26, 2008

INDEPENDENT MOLLY

So the other day I was trying to sneak a quick shower in during Lee's nap. I still have not got in the habit of getting dressed before my kids get up. It would probably be a good idea but my bed is just too comfy especially in these cold winter months. Anyway, Molly came in asking for those little black cookies with frosting inside them (oreos). I told her that if she would wait quietly like a big girl until I was done taking a shower I would give her 3 cookies. (bribery usually works so well with her). I finished my shower and this is what I saw when I came out...


Apparently she didn't want to wait for me and since she couldn't reach the Oreos, which were on top of the fridge she decided to help herself to some ice cream. So she pushed a chair to the freezer dished herself up some ice cream and even put it away. This chair was the only evidence left. It was so funny to me that I had to take some pictures to show Mark. She was so proud of herself. I have to say I was a little proud of her too. Sometimes it's kind of nice that my 3 year old does so much for herself. On the other hand though, now that she can do things on her own she doesn't ask if she can have things, she just gets them herself.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Awww...she is so cute and very mature! I love Molly. Hey at least she cleaned up her mess. Kaia never does. She leaves trails of her food and drink everywhere!

Jason and Amy Smith said...

OK, I died laughing at this. I think Mark might be rubbing off a little too much with the ice cream thing... addicted at 3 years old!! LOL.

Stacey said...

I think you are right Amy. She could eat ice cream anytime any day. It doesn't matter how cold it is outside. Like father like daughter I guess.
Kaia never fails to make me laugh. Molly and Kaia go so well together. They are always able to keep up with each other.