Tuesday, November 4, 2008

HALLOWEEN...... this post is really, really long.

Halloween seemed to last FOREVER this year. Molly was even feeling it. When I told her it was time to get her costume on and get ready for trick or treating she said "again Mommy", not that she was complaining. I guess that is what happens when your kids start getting older.  Halloween was so much fun this year. It just keeps getting better as Molly gets older. She was so into it this year despite being sick on Halloween night. 

 *Halloween began for us with our ward Halloween party the weekend before.  It was so much fun. We love our ward s much and have some really great friends that make the get togethers a blast .

Getting dressed in their costumes (for the first time).

It is so hard to keep track of this kids. He is just everywhere. I love to just stand back and watch to see what he can get himself into when Mommy leaves him alone. It's great because he usually gets passed around. Every time I turn around someone else has him.  Isn't he cute.

Molly got to go on stage and model her costume for everyone.  She was so excited to show off. 

She even made a couple turns to make sure that everyone saw her whole costume.

 *On tuesday Molly had her Party at preschool. It was also my day to help out at school. I loved watching her interact with the other kids and see character traits in her that I haven't noticed before.  I can't believe what a big girl she is becoming.  She is such a little leader, very social and very good at including other kids in her "play".  I am so glad to see so much confidence in her. It is so nice to see how well she does especially since lately I feel like she spends half the day in timeout when she is home.  

Rug time.  She loves to listen to her teachers read to them. Because it was my day to help out Molly was the "helper" and the whole class sang to her......
Oh, Molly is the helper shout hurray. Hurray!
Oh, Molly is the helper shout hurray. Hurray!
Oh, Molly is the helper and her Mommy's here today.
Oh, Molly is the helper shout hurray. Hurray!
She seriously has been waiting so long to be the helper.  She was beyond excited!

Molly's new friend. She talks about her all the time.

Here is her whole preschool class.  Aren't they some cute kids. I love the Little Mermaid on the far right side. I laughed out loud when I saw her. She wore the wig the whole entire day.

 *The night before Halloween decided to carve our pumpkins.  Our awesome friends Amy and Jason Smith spent the evening with us.  It was so fun. We got some $5 pizzas, stuffed ourselves, argued over who ate the most, and then carved our pumpkins.  Thanks to Amy and Jason for being such great friends.  We love you guys so much!

Yes that is Dr. Pepper that Molly is drinking. I know I am a bad mom but Mark started it.


yum yum.... He loves to eat!


Molly didn't want to touch the "yucky pumpkin guts".

Molly Loves Amy.  They have become such good friends since Amy and Jason moved in down the street.  

Amy and Jason with their really cool Foot Pumpkin.

Mark's pumpkin. It took him a couple of practice drawings but here it is. 

My pumpkin is the really lame one with the really big eyes.  It started out as Sleeping Beauty.  Molly had to have it but it was impossible to cut out all those little pieces.  I got tired and my hand hurt so this is what we got instead.  

 *Molly had been saying that her side hurt all day then thursday night she came down with a little fever and I noticed that she didn't seem like her wild little self. The next morning her fever was at 103 so I took her to see the Doctor.  They said she was fine, just a little bug and to give her Tylenol.  It was Halloween and she seemed better so we decided Halloween only comes once a year so we should take her trick or treating for a little bit. Our friends the Vaclaw's had their second annual Halloween Party at their house. They live in a really fun neighborhood and there was a ton of kids out.  We love their parties and hope they continue to have them.  After about a half hour of being there Molly's fever came back so we went home.  She ended up with  a fever of 104.  The next morning the Doctor's office called back and said the overnight culture said that she actually had a UTI.  She was one sick little girl. Her fever got so high that she started throwing up so we spent most of saturday cleaning up throw up.  She is doing better now but hates taking the antibiotics. I don't blame her. It's nasty stuff. 
Here are our pictures from Halloween night. 

This is how they usually are. Molly with her arm around Lee's neck.  And Lee trying to get away from her. 

He just would not sit still for a picture. We made him a scarecrow for his first Halloween. I could not find any overalls so last minute I decided to make him some with some scrap denim I had. I have to say they turned out pretty cute.


My little princess.  She loved her costume and had to make sure everyone knew she wasn't just a fairy princess but a Mariposa Butterfly Fairy Princess.  She told EVERYONE! 

Molly went trick or treating with her friend Brittania. She was Barbie. 



I know I took way too many pictures this year but I just couldn't help taking pictures of my adorable kids.  We missed our family back home in AZ so so so much but had great fun with our friends here in Ohio. 

4 comments:

Lara said...

Cute, cute kids! I'm glad Molly is feeling better too. That stuff is no fun! Looks like fun with the Smiths...great pumpkins!

Lovin Family said...

Looks like you guys had a TON of fun. HAlloween is just the begining of all the fun to come. The kiddies looked so dang cute in their costumes, i could just eat them up. love you guys!!!

Natalie said...

girl you look good!! and poor sick molly! at least she made it through halloween. i seriously can't get over how big she is - in my mind she'll always be that teeny tiny baby i saw in mesa. i need to come out for a visit, it is a shame molly doesn't know i am her favorite cousin yet! is that so weird or what?? haha. let's be neighbors!!

Jason and Amy Smith said...

Have I ever told you that your kids are adorable? Didn't think so. :) Gosh, they look so cute in these pictures... and then some ugly neighbors had to ruin them all!! Thanks for letting us carve with you guys... we get to share the joy of everyone else's children before we have our own! Did I also mention I'm SO excited you are going to be here in April?!! :)