Wednesday, November 19, 2008

FALL OR WINTER?

This is what we woke up to yesterday! Molly came running out of her room straight to the back door saying "woohoo it's snowing". Lately she's been on this "woohoo" kick. Anytime she thinks something is really cool (which is just about everything at 3) she says "woohoo". It cracks me up! She has been dying for it to snow. She has been "breaking in" her snow clothes for at least 2 months now wearing her coat and snow pants around the house all the time. Finally, she was able to try them out. It snowed pretty much ALL DAY. I told Mark a little bit ago that I am making a early new years resolution. This will be the year I enjoy the snow. I am going to finally break down and buy snow boots and snow gloves. Then today I went grocery shopping with my kids in the cold snowy weather and remembered why the cold and snow make me so miserable. I called Mark and told him "I take it all back. I am just going to be miserable again this year". Now that I am inside snuggled in my down comforter I have decided again to have a better attitude this year and try and enjoy the WINTER season. It will be hard but I just might be able to do it!!!!


After I got the groceries put away I decided my first step to my WINTER RESOLUTION was to join Mark and Molly for some playtime in the snow. I bundled Lee up, which took FOREVER!!! Then made sure I would be warm... coat, hat, gloves, boots, etc and headed outside.

He was a little marshmallow boy. All I could think of was "Ralphy..... come back Ralphy...come back". Nice pink gloves huh. I guess that's what you get when you have a big sister.


Molly loves to lay in the snow. It makes me so cold just looking at her.

Making SNOW ANGELS. Molly says "first you jump down (not just lay down but jump down, and she did jump) then you go like this (flapping her arms and legs) then you get up without messing it up. Its pretty bad when your 3 year old has to teach YOU how to make a snow angel.

My very first snow angel EVER! I did a pretty good job! I think that it was a good 1st step to my WINTER RESOLUTION.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

So fun! I am on Molly's side. I love the snow! I haven't taken Kaia out in it yet. Maybe one day when Matt is home. I love the picture of Lee he reminds me of Ralphie too! LOL Very cute!

Lovin Family said...

WOW! now that's some snow. good idea to curl up on the couch with your blankets. it looks real good in a warm house huh? one more year girl then you'll be home in 88 degree thanksgivings. yipee:)

Natalie said...

yes, snowy winters are lousy. we always love the snow in december and then hate hate hate it until it finally stops in june. did i say june? yes. JUNE. kill me now.