Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Time

We decorated our Christmas Tree the day after Thanksgiving this year. For some reason Molly and I were the only members of our family excited for this. We had so much fun together. With each ornament Molly would say in her most sweetest voice "oh mommy I love this one, it's soooo beautiful". Especially with the ones with her picture on them. Mark watched from the couch and said "setting up the tree is the Dad's job and decorating it is for the Mom and children. Lee was very interested in what we were doing. Instead of decorating he "undecorated". I love this time of year. Perfect strangers at the grocery store are kinder, there is always some yummy treat in the house to eat, and it is the time of year you can scare your child into being good by threatening them with "no presents from Santa". Or if you are in my family that last one seems to last pretty much the whole year. All I have to do is start singing you better watch out you better not cry and Molly stops whatever notty thing she was doing.
I didn't get any pictures of us decorating the tree this year but I did get the kids redecorating (which is a daily thing). If you look at the tree now you can see some ornaments falling off and some have disappeared all together. I think that Lee must have a stash somewhere.



Molly loves to rearrange the ornaments and put them in their "perfect spot" for that day. I have given up trying to stop her.
Lee just takes them off and puts them who knows where!
Or he sucks on them for a while just to see how they taste.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Your tree is beautiful! I wish we lived closer together, I'd love to have Christmas eve with your family. Someday!!

Natalie said...

Oh, and email me pretty please, because Brandon threw away the piece of paper that I wrote your onesie details on and your check just came in the mail!

Lizzy and Porter said...

Stace! Nice tree! You did a good job of decorating. Port and I decided that Molly is totally you and Lee is Mark. Sooo cute. I miss you!