Once again we spent Thanksgiving here in Ohio. We had such a great weekend. Thanks you so much to the Bertasso's for once again having us over and feeding us delicious turkey and all the sides of "cream" as Dave called it. We had so much fun with them and the Smith's. It is so great to have friends to step in and be your family. We debated between doing our own Thanksgiving and just going out to dinner. I've done the whole dinner thing myself before but being pregnant, it didn't sound as fun this time around and going out for Thanksgiving dinner is such a joy killer. Needless to say the Bertasso's invite was really appreciated.
The morning after Thanksgiving we woke to our first snow of the year. Molly was ecstatic. What a great treat for the day after Thanksgiving. I was actually thankful for snow watching the kids all bundled up so happy. Molly said that she had been checking out her window every morning and being so young it was all new to Lee. Molly taught her little brother how to make a snow angel and snow balls to hit Mommy with. I of course stayed warm inside and made breakfast for everyone. What a great beginning to the Christmas season. I am so thankful for my family!
Later that day the Smith's were kind enough to come with us to the Christmas story house. It must have been their busiest day of the year.

We made the kids sit and watch The Christmas Story with us that night before bed. They actually sat and watch the WHOLE movie. Lee downed almost a whole bag of twissler bites and especially liked the part where Ralphie beats up Scott Farcus. After it was over Molly turned to me and said "that was a funny movie". They even watched it again the next day.
7 YEARS
That Sunday was our 7th anniversary. Seven years and 2 and a half kids later all I wanted for our anniversary was to see Wicked. We went to the play on Saturday. That night after we put the kids to bed we ordered takeout at 9 PM. It was a great anniversary. Mark even surprised me with a bottle of Dr. Pepper. My favorite with this pregnancy. For some reason it is so much better in a bottle. I can't beleive it has been 7 years. Thank you Mark for suffering through 3 hours of singing and dancing and ACTUALLY pretending to like it. What a great husband.



2 comments:
Happy Anniversary!! When I was prego with Ryker I had to have a Coke Slurpee everyday...and with Elle, I had a Dr. Pepper everyday! Hope you all are doing good, if you ever need a break.. bring the kids over! Ryker would love to play with them!
I'm glad you liked Wicked. Tim and I loved it!
Post a Comment