Mark finally made it home after a long month in Ohio. The kids and I were not able to go back to Ohio with him so we stayed her at my parents house. It was truly the longest month of my life and definitely just as hard as I thought it would be. We were both miserable. And what did I do with my "time by myself"? I did very little cooking and laundry, went swimming a lot with the kids, watched the discovery health channel because there is really never anything else on tv, and read 11 books (yes I said 11). One good thing did come of him being away though. 5 weeks was just too long to be apart so I left the kids with my sister and flew over to Ohio for short but well worth it trip. We got a hotel, slept in, and went out to dinner at 9:30 PM just because we could. It was so much fun. It has been so long since we have done anything like that and even though we were really home it felt just like a vacation. Mark took me on a hike in the metro park (something we are never able to do with kids) and we went to the movies without even having to think about getting a babysitter. It was so hard to leave the kids. I was so stressed out about it for weeks before and came so close to taking Lee with me but I knew they were in good hands with my sister and just as I expected they didn't even miss me. It was so wonderful to see my sweet husband again after so long and I actually had nervous butterflies in my stomach when I stepped off the plane. He even had a little gift for me when I got there. It was a pretty big surprise since neither one of us are big gift givers. He must have really missed me!
The kids really missed their daddy but luckily they had their Grandma and Papa to help keep them busy and happy while he was away.
Papa and Molly went on a date to Toys R Us and McDonalds and came home with these fun toys. What lucky kids.
This happens pretty often and as much as Mark hates it Lee loves it when his sister dresses him up. Luckily is also loves balls, trucks, cars, wrestling, and hitting anyone in arms reach and throwing everything he gets a hold of. Don't worry Mark, Lee is definitely all boy. They are always getting into Grandma's shoes and trying them on. Papa thought it was so funny when they came strolling out of their room like this. He made me take a picture.
5 comments:
I love the picture of Molly and Lee playing dress up. Her hair is getting so long! Oh and her and Kaia have the same swimsuit. LOL We really do miss you guys but, I know you are having fun where you are. We made Mark some hot wings while he was here. I think he enjoyed them. I would have had more fun if you had been there. LOL...just kidding =c) When you get back we will all have to get together for sure. We will see you soon!
Molly has the "Mesa tan" with the sun-bleached hair! So cute! and yes, I'm glad you two can be together again- Mark was obviously a little down the last few weeks without you too :)
Glad you got a fun "vacation" in with Mark. You deserve it, mamma! Port and I are in different states this month too. We are dying! I miss him so much! I wanna know what books you read?? I have been reading a ton this summer too! Love ya!
Wow! That is a long time to be apart. I think I would enjoy it for a bit and then I would be sad. If Jake would miss me like it seemed Mark missed you and buy me flowers and take me on a date, it might be worth it...ha, ha:) I'm glad that you have a hard time leaving your kiddos too:) It kills me...its always fun in the end, but it still kills me.
I need to call you to catch up and see what your plans are and I will in the near future, but I thought I'd just pop in while I have a minute to say hello!
Every time I look at your blog ryker asks when molly will be home! We are so excited to see you guys! Hope you have had a good time in arizona..see you soon! Oh ya, send me your email so I can add you to my blog.
stephaliljenquist@gmail.com
Post a Comment