Friday, November 4, 2011

HALLOWEEN and Other Things...



Halloween was a lots of fun this year but as usual I win the worst mom award for not taking pictures. I snapped 1 at the ward trunk or treat party of Molly and Lee. We were all ready for Lee to go as Captain America this year. He was down right ecstatic about his costume and not 5 minutes before we walked out the door he had an accident all over it. Poor boy couldn't get it off fast enough. I can't remember the last time he wet his pants. It was so sad. I was holding down my frustration but good ol' Daddy was perfectly calm. He walked Lee to his room and after just a minute they came out and said that Lee was going to be a zombie soccer player. We put Molly's soccer uniform on him, gave him some face paint and we were good to go. he couldn't have been happier once it was all said and done.
Lee was able to be Captain America on Halloween. Molly's best friend Phoebe lives in the harbor and they invited us over for dinner and trick or treating. The harbor is definitely the place to trick or treat around here. People give out giant candy bars and toys and the houses are really decked out.
Molly Had her costume picked out months ago. We went form princess and fairies in past years to a zombie this year. I'm not sure where she got the idea but she had everything planned from the colors right down to the fluffiness of her skirt. We ripped it all up and painted her face. Ging was a cute little lady bug. No pictures of her. It's impossible to get her to sit still but she was adorable.

Other things that have been going on around here are.....

Ginger turned 18 months. I LOVE nursery! It is truly one of the greatest things. I also love that my babies have all loved going to nursery. Ginger can't quite make it through sacrament meeting but she knows right where nursery is and runs to the door ready to go without so much as a look back at me.
About a month ago we noticed that one of Ginger's eyes would wander off to the side when she was concentrating on something (watching TV). So I video taped it and took her to the Pediatrition. She didn't take me seriously until I showed her the video but after that she literally said "OOHH yes lets get you a referral to a Pediatric Optomologist." She has exotropia. She will wear a patch on her good eye for 1 1/2 hours a day for the next three months and maybe glasses after that. last resort is surgery. Ginger was absolutley crazy in the Optomologist's office. She didn't want him to touch her or look at her. Three of us had to restrain her as he put drops in her eyes. He basically told me good luck getting her to wear the patch and there is no way we will get a baby like her to wear glasses. (he was kind of a jerk) but I am happy to say that she hasn't once tried to take it off. She sits perfectly still when I put it on. The only thing she doesn't like is when we take it off.


Preschools out here are outragious so instead Lee is in a Joyschool with some other friends in our stake. He loves it! It has turned out really nice. He also qualified for speech theropy through the school district. He goes twice a week for just 1/2 hour. They play games the whole time and make it fun for him. They told me we should see a 75% improvement by this time next
year. We will have to wait and see.

New callings... ahhhh...Mark was called to be the 2nd councilor in the bishopric a couple of weeks ago. When the Stake President asked us if he would except the calling I said "what?" and Mark said "are you aloud to joke in here?" Seriously my first thought was but who is going to help me with the kids during sacrament meeting. If you think our row is crazy now just wait until I have to do it alone. Everyone at church said to me "say goodbye to your husband." I felt like saying "I did that a year ago when he started residency". All joking aside, while he is super nervous and feels completely out of place I know he will do a great job and our family will be just fine. Is it bad to plan on receiving a ton of blessing? I don't know how we will make it through this and residency at the same time without them.
I'm back in primary. So that's exciting. I have missed it. Mark promises to never ask me to speak and always keep me in easy callings.

No comments: